Project Engineer (≈65%)
The research group “Nanotechnology for Solar Energy Conversion” at the Solar Energy and Building Physics Laboratory (LESO-PB) of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL) invites applications from young graduates to work on the following topic:
Advanced coating technology for smart windows
The tasks will include:
• tilted vacuum evaporation for facet-selective deposition of mirror coatings on optical microstructures, understanding of scattering phenomena, process optimization
• reactive magnetron sputtering of nanocomposite electrochromic coatings and solid ion conductors
• thin film analysis: scanning electron microscopy (SEM), photoelectron spectroscopy (UPS & XPS), scanning tunneling microscopy (STM), UV-VIS-NIR spectrophotometry, chrono-amperometry, cyclic voltammetry, measurements of ionic conductivity
• publication of scientific results
• the candidate should preferably hold a Masters degree in engineering, nano- or microtechnology, materials science, or physics
• practical hands-on experience in thin film technology and/or thin film analysis is a clear advantage
• proficiency in English (oral & written) is required, knowledge in French is welcome
The open position is available for an initial period of 6 months with the possibility of extension to 18 months (in case of mutual satisfaction). For our future research projects, the successful candidate might later have the option to register within the EPFL Doctoral School (see Website http://phd.epfl.ch/). The annual salary for a Project Engineer (≈65%) will follow EPFL’s standard tariffs.
General information on the research group “Nanotechnology for Solar Energy Conversion” can be obtained from https://www.epfl.ch/labs/leso/research/domains/nano_solar_conversion/
Informal enquiries may be addressed to the group leader Dr. Andreas Schüler, preferably by phone: +41 21 693 4544.
Interested candidates shall address their full application comprising letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and transcripts of diploma and marks to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Start: preferably 1st of July 2019 or as defined with candidate AS/May 2019
For more information, here.