To promote excellence in nanoscience, nanomaterials and nanotecnologies for socio-economical ends. Disseminate and promote among the general public the importance of nanoscience and and the potential applications of nanotechnologies in benefit of society.
- Pursue excellence in research through a portfolio of national and international research projects;
- Assume the leadership in the area of Nanosciences and nanotechnologies;
- Assume a strong role in International and European research through joint R&D projects, networks of excellence, joint degrees;
- Establish strategic partnerships with high-quality and renowned R&D institutions;
- Transfer technology on a regular basis;
- Organize regular activities aimed at knowledge dissemination, education and training at different levels (post-graduation, graduation and general public).